Second in a three part Q&A series, please read on for some favorite memories from the MPA class of 2019.
What is a favorite memory from outside of class?
- There were a lot of gatherings, parties, and trips during the past two years. One memory that comes to mind is the service auction dinners. The Service Auction is an event organized by the MPAs to raise money for a local charity. A typical auction item is a student-cooked meal. I had a lot of fun meeting classmates from other cohorts over dinner and trying different cuisines.
- Favorite memory is watching fletWOOd Mac at the talent show.
- Probably my favorite memory outside class was when I got the chance to go to Dubai to participate in the World Government Summit. It was a lot of fun to be with four of my classmates in a totally new environment where we got to work on developing a "pitch" for a country's development. We got to hear from some fascinating speakers (including the PMs of Pakistan and Rwanda) and met some great people from all around the world. Was definitely a highlight!
- In addition to being incredibly accomplished professionals, my classmates are incredibly wonderful and exciting people and friends. The countless dinner parties, bonfires, hiking trips, and travel opportunities helped me grow as a person in ways I didn’t expect when applying to grad school. Basically, admissions does a really good job admitting students who are kind, thoughtful, smart, and adventurous.
- My favorite memory from outside of class is going on Woocation with my class. After finishing our first semester, more than half of our classmates went to Mexico for our winter break. It was really fun to bond with classmates outside of lecture halls and group assignments and get to know them on a personal level.
Picture courtesy Graduate Admissions Office – newly arrived MPA1s in the midst of a pick-up game of Frisbee