Information for students in the Class of 2026 who are interested in declaring the Princeton School of Public and International Affairs as their concentration.
Students who wish to concentrate in the School should review this PowerPoint and follow the steps outlined here.
- You are encouraged to declare early in the process so that you have ample time to schedule a meeting with your academic advisor. The deadline to declare is April 15th. For more details on the Registrar’s process, please follow the declaration instructions distributed by your residential college dean.
- You will be assigned an academic advisor shortly after declaration and department verification of prerequisites.
- By the end of Junior year, students MUST complete a form indicating intellectual depth selection.
You will be able to meet with your advisor between March 30 and April 17. The Undergraduate Program office will distribute instructions on how to schedule an appointment. We will also host drop in advising hours. Your adviser must approve your fall course selection before course enrollment begins on April 17.
You should list the courses you are planning to take in the fall on the DAPF (department academic planning form) prior to your meeting with your advisor. Before completing the DAPF you should review the requirements and electives posted on the website.
To complete the University requirement for junior independent work, each concentrator must enroll in the Research Design Workshop (SPI 299) and a Research Seminar during their junior Spring.
The process of choosing a Task Force will take place around the time of course registration.
For those interested in taking a policy task force abroad. Please consult with a study abroad advisor. SPIA will be hosting two task forces abroad in Spring 2025.
- University of Cape Town: Application due October 6, 2023
- Yonsei University (Pending): Application due early October
When you choose your courses, remember that most of the Task Forces and Research Seminars will meet on Monday afternoons (1:30-4:00pm); some may meet in the evening on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday (7:30-10:00pm); selecting courses that meet on Monday afternoon could therefore restrict your choice of Task Force or Research Seminar.
If you have further questions about the process of declaring your concentration in the Princeton School of Public and International Affairs, please email email@example.com.